You are here

Student Registration

Welcome to Aberdeen Elementary School! 

Please fill out the "AP 336 - STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM'  and email to aberdeen [at]  

Registration Process

Use our School Locator to determine where your neighbourhood school is located.
Please visit the Abbotsford School District's Registration Page for fillable forms.
Download and complete AP 336 + forms - Student Registration.
Contact us to complete the registration process.

Documents Required for Registering Your Child

Proof of age of the child by birth certificate is required for all new student registrations (schools will make a photocopy).  To ensure the child being registered qualifies for Ministry of Education funding, the biological parents/legal guardians’ status and the biological parents/legal guardians’ residency need to be established.  Schools may register the child providing the following are established:

At least one biological parent/legal guardian is a Canadian Citizen and they can support this with the following pieces of identification:

Parent’s Canadian Citizenship Card; 
Parent’s Canadian Birth Certificate; and 
Parent’s Canadian Passport.

The biological parent/legal guardian must provide proof of residency, and provide ONE of the following:

Utility bill
Mortgage document
Property Sale Agreement
Property Tax Notice/Assessment
Rental or Lease Agreement

In addition ONE of the following three documents containing the current name and address of the parent/guardian is required:

Bank statement
Credit card statement
Government document (eg. MSP bill, Revenue Canada-Child Tax Credit/Income Tax Assessment)

You will also need to provide your child's CareCard, and your doctor's name and phone number, and other required documents as determined by the school.

Not a Canadian Citizen?

If you are the biological parent /legal guardian of the child but are not a Canadian Citizen, you are required to report to the School District Office prior to registering your child at the schools. Please call (604) 851-4585 (International Student office) to make an appointment. They will confirm which documents you must provide.

School Bus Information

Every year, all school bus riders must register with the Transportation Department. 
If you are requiring transportation, please visit the following website to register your child for the bus.   
Abbyschools Transportation Website